Welcome to EliteSpace

The life of A student, Gamer, Sportsman, Blogger, etc....
++ Welcome to my world! ++ ^^

Tuesday 11 March 2008

New cycle

New cycle starts today - Pyschiatry. It's branch of medicine dealing with mental disorder and its treatment. 'Psych' in Greek word means soul and mind while 'iatros' means healer.

Well, what come first to your mind when you see this word 'Psychiatry'?
It is actually different medical branch from psychology but both of these departments are placed in the same block in most of the countries due to close inter-relationship with each other.

Flipping through the notes, I found some interesting topics - Disorder of Intelligence (IQ), Personality disorders, Sleep disorders, Mood disorders, Eating disorders, Schizophrenia...etc. All of these topics are somehow new to me and different from what I've studied in the past...sound interesting, hope it's not boring concepts of mentality like the one in Psychology =p

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a shrink told me i was on the verge of "losing it" when i was in college. i studied biology. so much for the scientific names. it didn't really helped me at all. haha